We just released a new self hosted app you can download and install on your own server, we call it Sendy!
What is Sendy?
Sendy was born out of frustration of paying for expensive email campaign services. We send newsletters via Campaign Monitor for SUBERNOVA and MockVault. No doubt Campaign Monitor is a great email campaign service, the price goes up to hundreds of dollars just for one email campaign. As our subscriber base grows, the cost per campaign grows significantly high.
We really don’t ask for much, just a newsletter application that enables us to manage subscribers, send campaigns and view reports. What we managed to find were either too expensive or flat out ugly.
The best service we’ve found
The best service we’ve found is Amazon Simple Email Service (SES). It offers email sending at high deliverability rates and at an insanely low price. $1 (Amazon SES) versus $150 (Campaign Monitor) for 10,000 emails?? Sounds great! But they don’t offer the ability to send trackable newsletters and manage lists and subscribers.
Amazon SES is in need of an application that is built around it.
And so we built it. We even added client access features so that you can create logins for your clients to send newsletters on their own at a price you set.
You can have Sendy too at a one time introductory fee of $40 (we’ll be pricing it at $59 at some point).
Leave a Reply
- Meet Sendy, a self host newsletter app powered by Amazon SES
- Great Video on Spec Work
- Say Hello to MockVault
- How To Annoy People With Your Email Campaigns
- People Don’t Know What A Browser Is
- New SUBERNOVA Screencast!
- Human Interface – Lovely!
- HTML5 Experiments
- The Future Of Magazines
- The Shift In The Way We Communicate
- New year, new app - Cranked!
- We are on a roll, our third app!
- Meet our new app, MockVault
- Wishing you a bright and joyous new year!
- New website launched for Logue.sg
- Infocomm Investments Website Launched
- Launched 3 New Websites
- Launched 1-Caramel and Perniq Website
- What we've been up to
- Two New Websites Launched
- Speculative Work, Why Designers Shouldn’t Work For Free http://t.co/yVCSQYEH 2012-06-29
- Security release time: WordPress 3.4.1 is out the door http://t.co/zYcVeNsS 2012-06-28
- 100+ Best Billboards http://t.co/MBhxvEu3 2012-06-28
- What Influences an Online Purchase? http://t.co/Dm0T3DzF 2012-06-27
- True Colors: What Your Brand Colors Say About Your Business [Infographic] http://t.co/T9uyJU8a 2012-06-27
- Follow Hex on Twitter >>